Paul Mitchell the School Gastonia is offering a "Give Back to Get Back" Scholarship. We will award three scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 each to individuals who share our ideal of service to others and ENROLL in May 28, June 17 or July 9 class. Contact the Admission Team for more details. 704-864-8723 ext 106
"Go Green" Tips
It's easy to go green! Here are 10 simple ways to reuse, reduce, recycle, and respect at home, at work, and at your school.
- Carry reusable cloth bags: In landfills, plastic bags can take 1,000 years to biodegrade and, when left as litter, they can break down into tiny pieces that contaminate water and soil.
- Use reusable water bottles and water filtration systems: Eliminate the need for plastic water bottles and water delivery systems.
- Reuse and recycle paper: Don't stop with paper used at your desk. Recycle manila envelopes, Post-it Notes, magazines, and newspapers. Go a step further and use paper that has been printed on one side as scratch paper!
- Recycle glass, plastic and aluminum: Many cities now offer curbside recycling bins or drop-off facilities. Contact your city government for more information.
- Buy local and organic food: Minimize the 1,500 miles that most food travels from “farm to fork” and support your local economy.
- Install programmable thermostats: Setting your thermostat to turn on when you need it and changing the temperature as little as 2 degrees can reduce a home, office, or salon’s carbon dioxide emissions by up to 9 percent a year.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs: Energy-efficient bulbs might be more costly up front, but their longevity and efficiency save money in the long run.
- Choose eco-friendly transportation: Carpool, bike, walk, or use public transportation whenever you can.
- Unplug appliances: According to the government’s ENERGY STAR program, 40% of the electricity used by home electronics is consumed while products are turned off.
- Conserve water: Minimize waste by checking for leaks, tightly turning off faucets, and installing water-efficient showerheads, toilets, and faucets.